George Sheldon, Former Director of the Administration for Children and Families (ACF), made it clear in April, 2013, that the ACF does not want to hear about atrocities occurring at Spirit Lake. He further stated the ACF stands firmly behind the behavior of the BIA, FBI and US Attorney at Spirit Lake – despite numerous reports from Spirit Lake residents as well as ACF’s own Regional Director, Tom Sullivan, that horrific child abuse has been ignored by the federal agencies.
The horrific child abuse that Mr. Sullivan reported to Mr. Sheldon in 2012 and 2013 was supported by a recent CNN segment (Oct, 1013) entitled “Sexual Abuse Rampant on Indian Reservation.”
Further, had Mr. Sheldon listened to Mr. Sullivan, toddler Lauryn Whiteshield might be alive today.
- George Sheldon’s letter to Tom Sullivan, April 15, 2013
- George Sheldon’s letter to U.S. Attorney Tim Purdon, April 15, 2013
- George Sheldon’s letter to BIA Chief Sue Settles, April 15, 2013
- Memorandum on Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse, April 3, 2012, Signed by Eric Holder
- Memorandum on Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse, May 24, 2012
- Spirit Lake Tribal Council Minutes September 27, 2013 – TRIBAL COUNCIL OVERSEES AND GIVES PERMISSION FOR BIA INVESTIGATION (Tribal Council members have been implicated in child sex abuse – none of which appears to have been investigated by the BIA, FBI or US Attorney Tim Purdon)
- Tom Sullivan’s 12th Mandated Report, February 2013, concerning Suspected Child Abuse on the Spirit Lake Reservation
- Tom Sullivan’s 13th Mandated Report, March 2013, concerning Suspected Child Abuse on the Spirit Lake Reservation