Mission statement -
“The Christian Alliance for Indian Child Welfare is committed to seek God’s guidance in defending the rights of the poor and needy, as instructed in Proverbs 31:8-9.”
- Elizabeth Morris, Chairwoman and Administrative Director: B. A of Christian Ministries; Diploma of Bible and Missions; Associate of Science Degree; Registered Nurse; Paralegal, Birth mother to five members, stepmother to four, and custodial mother of an additional four members of the Minnesota Chippewa Tribe.
- Andy Reum, Treasurer: Loan Officer, FEMA agent, Former Youth Pastor, Devoted Father, Loving husband, Foster father; Adoptive Father, Man of God
- Bonnie Hofer: Loving Wife, Woman of prayer, Devoted Mother, Family Advocate, Adoptive Mother
- Debra Belford: RN, Foster & Adoptive Mother, Loving Wife, Family Advocate, Woman of prayer, Devoted mother
- Stephanie Helmholz: Devoted Mother, Family Advocate, Loving Wife, Foster & Adoptive Mother, Woman of prayer
- The Rev. Cliff Stalwick: B.A., B. Div.; Adoptive Father, Grandfather; Loving husband, Founder/Chancellor of Living Faith Bible College, Alberta, Canada; Founder and President, Living Faith Evangelistic Association, 1966-2002; Part time faculty, Living Faith Bible College, Alberta
- Dr. William Allen: Emeritus Professor, Political Science, MSU and former Chair of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights
- Norm McCallum – Father, Grandfather; Man of God; Tribal Elder of the Cree Nation; and Former Director of the Rocky Mountain Friendship Center. Alberta
- The Rev. Reed Elley, B.A., M.Div. – Retired Member of Parliament, House of Commons, (Canada), Human Resources & Skills Development Portfolio, Former CA Critic for Indian Affairs; a man of Christian character; and an Adoptive Father of three enrolled children: two daughters and a son. British Columbia
- The Rev. Robert Guthrie, B.Th. M.A. – Adoptive Father; Man of God; Professor, Vanguard College, Alberta
- The Honorable Rick Jore – Father, Grandfather; Montana State Legislator 1994 – 1999; 2007-2010; a man of Christian character, dedicated to returning society to the foundation of God’s Word; Business Owner. Montana
- Darrel Smith – Father; Man of God; Writer, Editor, Activist, Grandfather, Third Generation Reservation Resident, S. Dak.
- Francie Smith – Mother, Family Advocate, Writer, Grandmother, Godly woman patterned after Proverbs 31, Reservation Resident, S. Dak.
- Johnston Moore – Adoptive Father, Man of God, Speaker, Writer, Family and Adoption advocate, Co-founder of “Home Forever” – a family advocacy org. Calif.
- Roland John Morris, Sr. – July 1, 1945 – June 9, 2004, member of the Minnesota Chippewa Tribe, Leech Lake; Father, Grandfather, and Great Grandfather; Disciple of Jesus Christ; Co-founder/Advisory Board Member of the Christian Alliance for Indian Child Welfare from its inception to his death. 1996 Republican Candidate for Montana State House; Business owner; CERF Secretary, 2002 – 2004.
The Christian Alliance for Indian Child Welfare (CAICW), formed for Charitable, Religious, and Educational purposes as both a Christian Ministry as well as Family Advocacy, is interested in the total well-being of the individual and Family. ~~
The mission of CAICW includes relief of the poor, distressed, or the underprivileged; advancement of understanding of the teachings of Jesus Christ, lessening the burdens of government, eliminating prejudice and discrimination, defending human, constitutional, and civil rights secured by law; and combating community deterioration and juvenile delinquency. ~~
CAICW has been advocating for families who have lost or are at risk of losing children due to application of the Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) since 2004. Our advocacy is both Judicial and Educative as well as a prayer resource for families and a shoulder to cry on.